Thursday, December 11, 2008

Well, I missed a day. Oops.

I'm sure it won't be the first time. 
Not much to update on anyway. I made a couple necklaces yesterday that I'm really happy with, and I wore one proudly today and showed if off to whoever I could.
Got a little perturbed with dad (and he with me) over some of his decisions regarding the jewelry making. I just don't like it when he uses findings, chain, etc. that I've bought and might've had plans for without asking me. Plus he's just not as careful/thorough as I am, and it bothers me. I don't want anyone questioning my craft, especially potential customers. When I'm putting things together I want it to be as neat and nice as the materials and tools allow. Dad just sort of...throws things together without giving it too much thought. I pointed out that he'd damaged something he made (rendering it, to my mind, unsalable) and I think it bruised his pride. I heard him grumbling to mom about me after I left the room.
I guess we need to have a heart to heart about how we're going to continue. Maybe we should have separate supply stocks (wow, my cat just farted and it was a ripe one). Or when I have plans for something I'll point it out and ask him not to use it. 
I hope I didn't piss him off enough to make him want to quit :(


No comments: